Promotional Consultants: The Rock Stars Of The Marketing World Need 1,000 screen-printed t-shirts for a concert? Done! How about 500 whistles to hand out at a marathon? No Problem! Promotional consultants develop solutions for marketing challenges. From increasing brand awareness to increasing trade show traffic, promotional consultants are experts in the field of promotional products and can solve any marketing dilemma you may have. There are more than 20,000 consultant firms in the industry!
It’s a bird. It’s a plane. No! It’s a promotional product! From lip balm to a wireless mouse to paper airplanes, promotional products come in all shapes, sizes & colors. In many cases, it’s even possible to obtain custom items that aren’t usually found in promotional product catalogs. If you can see it and touch it, it’s most likely available as a promotional product. This allows you to customize a marketing campaign so that it is more relevant to a specific demographic.
Business is Booming Every day you hear about a new endurance race, a new music festival, a new community event. Today’s consumers expect brands to reach them on a personal level. What better way to connect with consumers at these events than with promotional products? In 2011, advertisers spent more than $18 billion in products purchased through promotional consultants.
Spread The Word Promotional product incentives produce valuable referrals from satisfied customers. A survey conducted Louisiana State University indicated accompanying a request for referrals with an offer of a promotional product incentive drew as many as 500% more referrals as an appeal letter alone. The results speak for themselves!
Enhance Marketing Campaigns Adding a promo product to the media mix generated favorable attitudes toward a print ad in all cases. The use of a promotional product as the advertising medium alone achieved maximum impact, up to 69% increasing brand interest and 84% in creating a good impression of the brand.
Positive Impact On Brand Image Recipients of promo products have a significantly positive opinion of a business through:
- Increase in positive overall image
- More positive perception of the business
- Higher likelihood of recommending the business
- Higher likelihood of patronizing the business
Source: PPAI Study: Promotional Products Impact On Brand/Company Image Conducted by Georgia Southern University
Gifts That Keep On Giving 58% of respondents keep a promo product anywhere from one year to more than four years. Even if the recipient uses the item only once per week, that’s a minimum of 52 impressions made over the course of a year with the possibility of more than 208 during a five-year window.
Source: PPAI Study: Effectiveness of Promotional Products As An Advertising Medium
Endless Array Of Options With over 3,900 suppliers in the industry, there are hundreds of thousands of promo products that can fit any budget. Having a variety of options allows for greater flexibility when planning out a marketing campaign of any size.
Quick Turnaround Time Often times, new marketing opportunities arise out of the blue and require quick action. Luckily, promotional consultants usually have a list of products that can be turned around quickly to meet your needs. There are even products that can be shipped within 24-hours of placing an order!
Fun and Handy People love receiving promotional products, there’s no denying it. Whether it’s a little boy playing with a yo-yo from the local bakery to a woman carrying a tote from her nail salon, promo products are appreciated and welcomed in all walks of life. 90.4% reported either currently owning or possessing a promo product received within the last 24 months.
Source: PPAI Study: Effectiveness of Promotional Products As An Advertising Medium
This Week May 23-27th we are celebrating Promotional Products Works Week. So we will be sharing with you reasons why Promotional Products Work with trends, data, case studies, videos and more all this week.
Did you watch the Super Bowl this year? I did – Yes, I enjoy football, but I also watch it for the commercials. Why? Companies pitch brands and slogans that attempt to leave a lasting effect on the consumer. Many like to believe those messages don’t have much impact, but evidenced by us all talking about the commercials the next day points to the power of persuasion.
It may be subtle, but persuasion by advertisers shows levels of success that prove television, radio, mobile and digital can—and do—draw consumers to their brands. They must compete not only with each other across traditional and digital media for the hearts, minds and dollars of the consumer, but they must compete with outside stimuli once the consumer walks away from the television, shuts down the computer or drives past a billboard.
So what leaves a lasting impression? A Promotional Product. A $20+ billion industry, promotional products are designed for staying power, and industry research has proven their power as an effective advertising medium.
So Why Do Promotional Products Work?
- Only Advertising Medium that Clients can use all their senses – see, touch, smell, hear, and taste.
- 85% remember the advertiser worldwide
- Promotional Products, used as dimensionals in direct mail solicitations, can boost response rates by up to 75%
- Most Highly regarded form of Advertising
- 58% of People keep Promotional Products given to them longer than a year
- Effectively reinforce Employee Contests/Incentives
For more information about promo products, marketing or branding your company please contact Allegro Business Products at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-880-8442.
Promotional Products work in the office. A person spends 8-10 hours a day at their desk. This is PRIME real estate to advertise your company. If you aren’t purchasing and giving away promotional products for the office, let us help you develop a plan to have your company hang out in this prime real estate area.
Branding Part 2
So you’ve done the work of figuring out who you are and what you do from Branding Part 1.
Hint – Who you are and What you do i.e. your brand environment (ALL elements need to support brand promise): logo, facilities, leadership, administration, staff, websites, printed media, slogans, etc.
Now we want to deal with the How
How do you want to be seen by your clients? Make sure you write this down.
Now that you know the How, pick 3 strategy’s that you are going to use get your company to be seen by your clients the way you want.
- Promotional Products
- Printed Media
- Product Packaging
- Social Media
The next step is how are you going to motivate your clients to purchase?
- Quality Product
- Is it cost (notice this is last on the list)
It could be all of these – this is the psychology of getting your client to purchase from you. You need to know what your clients want. Remember the company example I gave you in part 1? That company is a master at branding they know what their clients/patrons want – they keep coming back time and time again.
Make your message simple and have character when you are dealing with branding and products.
Here’s an example case study: You want to start an employee health initiative at your business. So you create a program where employees can earn gifts by working out x times a week, or losing x amount of weight. Your creating a simple message – We value our employees which also shows your character then your going to help motivate them to be healthy.
There are many ways to brand your business. We are here to help you brand your business. So give us a call or shoot us an email and we will help you develop your brand, gain and retain clients and have happy long-term employees.
Is your company facing an identity crisis? Most business owners don’t know how to brand their company. We’re here to help.
Here’s the a couple questions you need to know the answer to in order to effectively brand your company:
- What do you do?
- Who are you?
Break it down and write as many bullet points as you can.
I love it when I am meeting new people and I introduce myself and company and they say oh I’ve heard of Allegro Business Products. What do you do – I help my clients gain and retain customers. Powerful huh?
Now that you have a list of who you are and what you do, you are ready to Brand Your Business. These are our goals to building your brand.
- Be Smart
- Be Strategic
- Tell a Story
- Make sure your Brand is in alignment with what your customers want
How are you going to make a client think of your business when they need to make a purchase?
- Identify – tell a story
- Differentiate – be strategic
- Build Value – be smart
So what is a Brand? It has purpose, it’s always changing, never wavering (or character) and helps buyers make quick decisions.
Think of a successful company that has a great brand a great purpose and helps their patrons make quick decisions………
Branding is POWERFUL!!
Part 1 of 4
So you’re company is doing a trade show – what now?
How are you going to work your trade show? Here are some tips to help ensure you have a successful trade show.
Pre-Show Planning – Planning is KEY to a successful trade show outing. Make sure if you take 3-5 people that you divide and conquer
- Booth – make sure you have a compelling, welcoming trade show booth with tablecloth, signage, and displays to help convey your message visually.
- Make contact with prospective clients to make sure they know where your booth is located.
- Send your clients and prospective clients and email asking them to set a time to visit your booth for personalized attention. Send information on a new product.
- If you are taking your clients to lunch or dinner – divide and conquer. If everyone who works the booth goes to lunch or dinner with one client each you have made 3-5 client connections and solidified that relationship. Don’t make the mistake of everyone going with 1 client.
- Consider adding specific times for education/training on your company/products in your booth.
- Plan staffing – have the minimum necessary in the booth and the rest making contacts. Make sure each person has a responsibility for customer contact. You don’t want everyone doing the same thing.
- Plan for each employee working the trade show to have time to walk the floor and attend workshops.
- Have you thought about being a sponsor or sponsoring a break or lunch. Contact the trade show and ask to get more
At The Show – Meet/Greet
- Know what you’re going to wear – will it be a company branded shirt?
- Think through your giveaways – this is most often overlooked.
- Qualify the potential clients who visit your booth – (know your target customer) if you take an extra moment to qualify you will know whether or not it’s worth spending your valuable time with someone. You don’t want to waste your time as your potential target client walks past because you were tied up with someone who isn’t really interested in your product or service.
- Once they are qualified – gather their information – business card or put directly into CRM.
- Communicate – Ask if they would like you to follow up with them after the trade show. Ask when would be the best time – go ahead and set an appointment.
- Don’t forget social media – Tweet, LinkedIn, Facebook.
- Evenings – there’s still time to reach out to potential clients – dinner, receptions.
After The Show – Sales
- Follow up quickly or they will have forgotten you – no more than 2 business days after event. Make your follow up meaningful – open ended questions that get them talking – Don’t ask “just calling to see if you have any questions” – the answer will almost always be “No”.
- Re-motivate your prospective client. Remind them what you talked about at the trade show. Re-qualify.
- Disqualify a prospect – know when to throw in the towel.
Review and Evaluate your Trade Show
- Measure your ROI
Please visit our blog for information, strategies, case studies, specials and more.
Contact Allegro at 678-880-8442 or email@example.com to make sure you have everything needed for a successful trade show.
Branding and marketing your business in today’s technology and fast paced world just got a lot easier!! The applications are endless – Companies, Boosters, Fundraising, Employee Reward, Golf Tournament. Contact us today and let us give you more information and a free demo – many different umbrella styles and many different budgets available.
- Year long continuous marketing to your clients (and it’s not a calendar)
- A “useful” product
- A friendly reminder for your client to remember to take their umbrella with them
- Innovative and new
- Technology Based
Contact Allegro Business Products at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-880-8442 for more information.
I bet you have never thought about your beach towels as promotional products. I was sitting in a training class when I was asked this question – now if you’re like me, my kids are always trying to take my favorite beach towel. I’ve had mine for years!!
Think about it for a moment – How long have you had your favorite beach towel? Years huh??
Beach towels are often times overlooked as promotional product giveaways. I’ll admit, I don’t always think about beach towels – until I was asked that question.
Just think of the ROI on how many impressions your beach towel giveaway could have. TONS – your neighborhood pool, your friends pool, water amusement park, swim team practice, concert when you have “lawn seats” and the list goes on.
So now that you’re thinking beach towels – you’re probably asking “How would I use beach towels as a giveaway?”
- Incentive Trip – have an employee incentive trip planned – give them to everyone who wins the incentive trip
- Booster Club – use towels as a fundraiser
- Alumni Associations – give one to each alumni
- Banks – give them to large commercial accounts
- Workout Facilities – give to each new member
- Tradeshow – give them to several of the clients you are trying to win their business
These are just a few ideas. Honestly the uses are endless. Best of all there are so many different options for towels there is one to fit your budget. Next time you want a unique giveaway – think Beach Towels!!
Make your giveaway even more of a splash by putting 2 towels in the Titan Beach Bag which will hold (8) yes eight towels.
Contact Allegro today for pricing and more ideas for your next giveaway!! 678-880-8442 or email@example.com
What’s cooking in the kitchen? Promotional Products and kitchen? Yes, it’s where people gather at parties or after a day at the office you catch up on the latest news with the family. More and more people are opting to “brown bag” it for lunch – why not give a lunch cooler, salad or snack bowl to make it easier?
Have you thought about using a kitchen promotional product to keep your brand in front of your customers? If not, you really should. Kitchen promotional products on average are the longest kept promotional product. I bet if you go to your kitchen, you have at least 1 kitchen promo product that was given to you.
“You might forget who gave you a pen, but you will never forget who gave you your favorite cutting board, oven mitt or utensil.” Bosse, Program Manager.
Here’s some great ideas for useful kitchen products.
Ice Cream Scoop
For more information and more products for your kitchen contact Allegro at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-880-8442.
Consumers want products that are, first and foremost, useful to them, especially when it comes to the more practical items such as writing instruments and USB drives. Here, usefulness outweighs attractiveness by at least five to one. However, that’s not to say that attractiveness isn’t important, especially if the item needs to be worn. For outerwear, attractiveness is a very close second to usefulness in reasons for keeping the product, with more than half of those who own outerwear reporting they keep it because it is attractive. If you want a customer to use the product for reference, then calendars are the way to go. Apparel items, whether they be shirts, outerwear or hats, are cited as the most enjoyable to have.
*Source: 2016 Global Advertising Specialties Impressions Study
Pen w/ Stylus
Contact Allegro for more information at email@example.com or 678-880-8442.